Saturday, September 19, 2009

One month...

I will be in Philly for orientation in a month. It's so crazy soon, I feel like I have so much to do still! Things are starting to come to order, as I have started to amass the things I'll take with me for the next two years. I need need NEED to make a scrapbook- and by scrapbook I mean photo album. I'm not nearly crafty enough for scrapbooking. Let's be honest.
I also have to continue eating delicious food that I won't have for a while. Mom made a delish mock Thanksgiving dinner tonight- since I won't be home for turkey day state side. Sooo yummy. I love my family. Is that corny to say? Who cares.
I've been reading up on tree planting and goat milk processing as well as 3000 other things I find relevant/interesting.
I need to find some books to bring with me that I want to use my awesome Barnes and Noble gift card on. Recommendations?
Last time I posted I was headed to Gainesville. That was a ton of fun- I love my 'family' there and, boy, I do love my Gators.
This time though, I'm headed to Boston... on Thursday! I'm very excited to see my "peeps" up there. It'll be sad to say goodbye- but it's only for a few years. There's a pro cycling race, a potential birthday celebration, possible "free cupcakes" from a local bakery, Harvard business school classes to sit in on, and hopefully a holiday to spend with my Northeasterly family. It will be good times.

à plus

1 comment:

  1. Hi! If you have a facebook we made a group for everyone who is leaving, Peace Corps: Niger (October 2009). Some of the people there are giving us tips on what to pack and we are generally introducing ourselves and chatting.

    Alison

    ReplyDelete

Followers