Thursday, September 3, 2009

Yay!

So, I'm going to Niger!
"Oh wow!! Wait...where is that?"

Niger is north of Nigeria, landlocked, 80% Sahara Desert and one of the poorest African nations. I'll be heading over there on October 19th to train for a few months before heading to my small village. I will be trying to develop irrigation farming, planting of fruit trees as well as focusing on small animal husbandry. No, not marrying animals. Jokers. I'll be promoting chicken vaccinations, and the healthy raising and utilization of goats in all their caprigenous glory. I'm soooooooooooooo excited!
Until that time I'm takin' care of business...
Today I got the last of my medical paperwork done, took care of my passport and my visa, and read a whole lot more.
Tomorrow I head to G'ville to say goodbye to my former home away from home before leaving for Niger. I'm so excited to see everyone and go to a Gator game, even if it's against Charleston Southern (who?).
Zo-cial, gator game, and Bob's riverplace. It's going to be a pretty sweet weekend.
Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers